Reworking a Piece

I decided to trial a new approach to a little landscape embroidery, starting with some coloured fabrics as a base.  Whilst I was happy with the new technique, I felt that this little piece didn’t quite look right and wasn’t sure what do do with it.  So it got left aside and I made lots of other embroideries in the meantime.  All that practice and new ideas got me motivated to re work the piece and see if it could be improved upon.


I reworked the trees, added lots more stitching to the grassy areas and then some cheerful yellow flowers.  I’m very pleased with the results now, I think it is a much better piece and now worthy of a frame.